The machine I am running Kubuntu on is primarily used for streaming media like Netflix and Youtube, watching files off of a shared server and downloading media.
Again, I resorted to Googling exactly what I am looking for and came across this fantastic post.
I opened a Terminal instance in Kubuntu and literally copied and pasted the text from the link above.
After going through these motions, I had a functioning instance of Netflix! Woo hoo.
So I decided to throw on an episode of Orange is the new Black, it loaded perfectly…. without sound.
Well shit! I never even thought to see if my audio driver had been picked up… so I guess I should probably go ahead and fix that.