The Linux Experiment Podcast #2: What the Hell [Desktop Environments]?!
Hosts: Dana H, Dave L, Jon F, Phil D, Sasha D & Tyler B
Missing in action: Jake B
Show length: 0:40:11
The second podcast from the guys at The Linux Experiment. In this episode we discuss our experiences with switching desktop environments.
In this episode:
- What our experiences switching desktop environments has been like (GNOME vs KDE vs XFCE).
- Clarification of Dana’s post.
- Our personal pros and cons of each desktop environment.
- What the hell Linux? A segment where we vent some of our frustrations.
Get the show:
- iTunes – Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes
- Podcast Alley – Subscribe to the podcast at Podcast Alley
- RSS Feed – Subscribe to the RSS for the podcasts
- Direct MP3 download – Grab the MP3 right here (right-click, save as)
- Direct OGG Vorbis download – Get the OGG right here (right-click, save as)
Previously I was running KDE 4.3.3 on top of Fedora 11 (for the first experiment) and KDE 4.6.5 on top of Gentoo (for the second experiment).
Check out my profile for more information.