That’s right, time for round three!
If you’ve been following this website in the past you know what this means. This time around our rules are simple: give back to the community. With this idea in mind the participants, known as guinea pigs, will attempt to use their unique passions, interests and talents to give something back to the world of Linux and open source software. The goal is purposely designed to be generic and open ended – we want each guinea pig to interpret the rule in their own way and let their creativity determine how they will give back.
Some ideas we’ve tossed around to accomplish this goal have been:
- Writing about a unique way to setup open source software to accomplish something
- Trying out and writing about a new distribution that offers a different experience
- Giving back to a distribution you use or like
- Helping a project by submitting code patches, documentation updates, artwork, UX design or simply spreading the word
- Starting your own project to accomplish something
So join us dear reader as we chronicle giving back to the community. Oh and don’t be afraid to take part in your own way either 😉