I have to admit that I hadn’t even heard of Guayadeque until starting this little distro hopping adventure but since then I’ve found it to be the default music player in more than one distribution. As such I’ve decided to try and use it to see if it will work better for me instead of the usual alternatives.
Seeing as I’m a big fan of podcasts I’ve decided to see how Guayadeque handles the process of adding and listening to my feeds.
Start Guayadeque and click the Podcasts tab
Right click under the Channels column and click New Channel
If for some reason you can’t find your podcast in their existing directory you can simply find the podcast RSS feed and plug it into the Url text box instead.
For example let’s say I wanted to add the feed for Listener Feedback podcast. Unfortunately it isn’t already listed in the built-in directory but there are a few handy feeds that I found on the website here (there is even an Ogg Vorbis feed for higher quality). Once pasted in Guayadeque was able to find the podcast details right away:
Download and play
A short download later and the podcast is ready to be played!
So all told it’s a relatively painless to add a podcast to Guayadeque. My one issues with the user interface are that it feels a bit dated and seems to require a lot of right-clicking and context menus which may not be immediately obvious for some users. That said they’re very minor complaints and it is still a very functional application.
This post is part of a series:
- Distro hopping: slimming down with LXLE
- Distro hopping: shutting down PC-BSD
- Distro hopping: installing Plex Media Server and Home Theater on PC-BSD
- Distro hopping: so what comes with PC-BSD?
- Distro hopping: a Linux user tries PC-BSD
- Distro hopping: curtains for Manjaro Linux
- Distro hopping: adventures in installing software from the AUR (from within Manjaro)
- Distro hopping: round two with Manjaro Linux
- Distro hopping: Finishing up with elementary OS
- Distro hopping: Import music stored on NAS into Music
- Distro hopping: how to install Plex Home Theater on elementary OS
- Distro hopping: first stop elementary OS
- A distro hopping experiment